Aeron vs Mirra Chair
Before looking at the differences between Aeron and Mirra Chair, you may want to read the detailed reviews on each of the chairs:
Here are some YouTube reviews on these two ergonomic chairs:
The Aeron chair is a very good ergonomic chair. While the Mirra is a decent chair it doesn’t have the comfort that the Aeron chair does. The Mirra back is hard and it’s made out of plastic but the problem with it is the back is while it flexes there are pressure and stress points placed on your back. The pressure isn’t even so you can end up with a sore back with the Mirra chair. Your weight tends to be on the shoulders and the lower back and not on other areas of your back. These stress points may poke you over time and cause you discomfort. The Aeron chair has a very soft back and there’s a more even distribution of the pressure.
On the Mirra the seat is much like the Aeron but it’s smaller and this causes the seat edges to stick up and you end up feeling this against your legs. You need to adjust the chair for a forward tilt to avoid them. The Mirra chair is more supportive and it’s suitable for just about everyone unless you have back problems. The Aeron, on the other hand, is more comfortable.
Humanscale vs Aeron Chair
When you work long days you need a very comfortable chair to get you through the day. Both the Humanscale chair and the Aeron chair are great chairs to own. The Aeron is fully loaded and it’s very adjustable so you can get the chair to conform to the way you like to sit. On the other hand, some won’t like it because the seat doesn’t slide like the Humanscale seat. The Aeron chair also has great lumbar support too.
- Try both chairs and see what works for you
- No two people will like the same chair so experiment and see
- Some will like the Humanscale while others will like the Aeron chair it’s all a preference mostly
- Both chairs are equally suitable for most people
Here is an additional detailed chair review on Humanscale
Aeron vs Leather Executive Chair
Many people are used to a leather executive style chair. These chairs feel great when you first sit in them but these can decrease over time. Many of these chairs are quite cheaply made and they don’t have a lot of adjustments in them. What’s more, many of these chairs don’t have adjustable backs and there’s just not the great support there in a standard executive chair. The executive-style leather chairs can bring you discomfort over time because while they are comfortable for a time they aren’t meant to be sat in for long periods of time, as they lack the adjustments that chairs such as the Aeron have. Don’t choose a chair because it looks good, choose a chair that’s comfortable.
Picking the Best Mirra Chair for Yourself
If you’re going to go with a Mirra chair you should go with a fully loaded chair. This will give you more adjustments that aren’t on the basic model of the chair. The loaded chair has adjustable seat pan depth, adjustable arms, adjustable lumbar support, and tilt limiter.
- The basic is fine for the boardroom but you’ll want the loaded chair if you’re sitting for longer periods.
- Fully Loaded/Highly Adjustable WITHOUT Forward Tilt
- Fully Loaded/Highly Adjustable WITH Forward Tilt
Make sure you get the Mirra chair with the forward tilt as this is well worth the $30 extra that you pay for it. If you get it without the forward tilt you’re not getting the good back support that you do when you have it. This support makes it easier whеn you’re typing at the keyboard. When you don’t get the tilt, the chair won’t follow your back and you don’t get that good support. You’re not tilted forward a lot you’re just supported when you lean forward a bit but this can make a world of difference when you type. This is a more natural position for typing and it’s worth it to get the tilt in your Mirra chair. It really doesn’t make sense to get the Mirra chair without the tilt option.
No matter what chair you get be sure that you get a warranty with your chair. Both chairs come with excellent warranties and it doesn’t make much sense to buy your new ergonomic chair without a good warranty. You will get an excellent 12-year warranty for the chairs. It’s better to buy the chair new than to find one that’s refurbished because you won’t get the full warranty in most cases. These chairs are worth the extra expenditure to get a long warranty. For some older chairs, you might be able to transfer over the remainder of the warranty so for some people an older chair can work but try to get a new one if you can.
The truth is that no matter how you compare the Aeron chair and the Mirro chair you can get two very good chairs that will last you a long time. The Aeron has excellent lumbar support and the Mirra chair has similar great qualities. For both chairs you should go with the fully loaded models as these will give you all the options and adjustments that you want in a great chair.
Before you buy any high-end ergonomic chair, you’ll want to try out the various models. It can take time to find one that works well for you so make sure you do some shopping around. You may like a Mirra or a Humanscale chair while someone else likes the Aeron, it is all a matter of preference. Another point is that you should buy a new chair when possible so you get the full warranty which is well worth it. These chairs are worth the extra amount you pay to get them new as you never know what you’ll get with a used or refurbished chair.
You may want to check some reviews from Amazon as well:
- REMASTERED DESIGN - While its iconic form has remained largely unchanged, the Aeron Chair has been remastered from the casters up. With the help of Don Chadwick, the chair’s original co-designer, Herman Miller has updated Aeron to incorporate more than 20 years of research on the science of sitting, as well as advancements in materials, manufacturing, and technology.
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS - Across Aeron's 8Z Pellicle elastomeric suspension seat and backrest, eight latitudinal zones of varying tension envelop you as you sit, delivering greater comfort and ergonomic support. The new 8Z Pellicle also allows body heat to pass through to help maintain an even and comfortable skin temperature.
- COOLS & VENTILATES - Sitting in one position reduces the natural pumping action of the muscles that deliver nutrients to the spine. As you sit in Aeron, however, the tilt allows the chair to move seamlessly with your body, so shifting between forward and reclining postures is smooth and balanced throughout the entire range of recline.
- SIZES FOR EVERY BODY - With chairs, one size does not fit all people. Based on an ends-to-the-middle design approach, Aeron comes in three sizes (A, B, and C) to provide an inclusive fit that delivers the same level of comfort to the largest range of anthropometric body types of any office chair.
- ERGONOMIC SUPPORT - For individuals sitting in Aeron, cross-performance design means the ergonomic chair fully accommodates the widest possible range of activities and postures people adopt while working, from intense, forward-facing focus to relaxed, contemplative recline.
- KEY FEATURES - Tilt limiter, adjustable seat depth and lumbar support, TriFlex back, adjustable arms.
- HYBRID STRUCTURE - Shaped for dynamic support and keeps your body in healthy alignment.
- REINVENTED TILT - A reinvented Harmonic tilt creates a smooth and balanced feel as you move from one posture to another; Lean design brings a sophisticated profile and visual lightness to any space.
- ENVIORMENTALLY CONSCIOUS - Not only is 93% of the Mirra 2 chair recyclable, but 45% of the chair material was derived from recycled resources.
- SOPHISTICATED DESIGN - Mirra 2 moves with the person, at one with the body. When you sit, the seat and back adapt to you instantly. With dynamic surfaces that respond to your slightest movements and simple, intuitive adjustments to fine-tune the fit, Mirra 2 balances immediate comfort and personalized ergonomics in one sophisticated design.
- Adjustable Arms
- High Performance Gel Set (Included with all Office In Design Orders)
- Choice of Standard Textile Colors
- Choice of Graphite or Titanium Base